Americana Music and Memories:
Step Back into Another Era!
Americana music and memories are those that have originated from cultures and countries all over the world - poured together into one huge melting pot we call America the Beautiful.
Hi, my name is Bill, and I love Americana.
I love music! And I've acquired a lifetime
of vivid memories.
My passion is to share them with you!
Barbershop Quartets. Broadway Musicals.
Big Band. Burma Shave Jingles.
Born in 1926, I have a unique perspective on Americana. I haven't just researched this history- I've lived it!
Many of the cultural time periods that you read about in current American History books... I remember
as if they happened yesterday. Living History is definitely NOT boring!
How would you like to have a personal tour guide for your
leisurely waltz back to the "good old days"?
What qualifies me to have the honor of being your guide for
Americana music and memories, you may ask?
Well, for starters:
I was born in the twenties. Lived through the Great Depression.
Fought in World War II. Raised a family in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
AND... Been involved in making music for more than three quarters
of a century!
Are you fascinated by simpler times?
Do you long for someone to remind you of the decades of bygone years? ________________________________________________________________
Come with me and I'll open for you a window into the past.....
we'll push up the sash and feel the cool breezes - we'll catch a glimpse of the music and memories that have made the good old U.S.of A. unique.
We will stir up the dust of your early childhood - and peer at life as your parents and grandparents knew it in their growing up years.
Get ready to inhale the sweet incense of nostalgia....
you'll chuckle (maybe even belly laugh a time or two), reminisce,
and perhaps even shed a few tears.
But I firmly believe you'll feel refreshed by the power of a simple stroll
down memory lane.
So, take a peek into the past with me -
Let's go "down by the old mill stream" on "a bicycle built for two"....
and soak in the sights and sounds of the simpler times of yesteryear.
Welcome to Americana Music and Memories.com!
- Music and Memories Blog
- <blockquote>Your Americana Music and Memories Blog will keep you up to date with all of the additions and changes to Americana-music-and-memories.com web site. Subscribe here. </blockquote>
- Music and Memories Ezine
- Get your complimentary music and memories ezine right here! Sign up today for ...
- Priceless Life Advice From a WW II Veteran
- What priceless life advice have you read lately? As a nearly 88 year old WW II Veteran, I believe I've seen enough of life to be able to share with you what really matters. Read on.....
- Contact me
- Contact me regarding any questions, comments or future page requests about Americana music and memories
- Big Band Music: Swinging Piano Music from the 40s and 50s!
- Ever heard Big Band music played on the piano? You'll be amazed at the orchestral sound...live piano music from a man who lived in the Big Band era!
- Love Song Lyrics: What Makes Love Songs Great?
- Few consider the difficulty of writing love song lyrics and the challenge lyricists face to create a masterpiece...
- Romantic Love Songs: What Makes A Great Love Song?
- Romantic love songs must have a gripping combo of words, music and reality in order to make a name for itself.
- Famous Love Songs: Timeless and Romantic
- Famous love songs are classic and unforgettable. Here is the Top Twenty pick from a professional musician...
- World War I Music: Funny Lyrics That Bear Resemblance to the Present Time!
- World War I music reflected the pain of the era with the humor of music. This version of "My Country Tis of Thee" could be sung today as well as post WW I.....
- War Poem: Reflections on war from an American W W II Veteran
- Here's a rare gem - a war poem written by a WW II Navy veteran about the history of war and America's role.
- Kaiser Wilhelm II:
- Kaiser Wilhelm II was the unpopular German Emperor who was in power during World War I. Soldiers made up verses to describe their distaste for the leader.....
- Music During World War 2 - Memory From A Veteran
- You won't find more compelling music during world war 2 than this true story from a veteran. Read about it here!
- Definition of Freedom: A Freedom Essay from a WW II Navy Veteran
- What is the true definition of freedom? Read this compelling freedom essay by a WW II Navy Veteran who has seen the many faces of government leadership. Election 2012 is vital - go here now!
- 4th of July Music: Patriotic Songs for Independence Day Celebration
- 4th of July music is typically rousing marching band type music that stirs up memories....
- American Folk Music
- American folk music has its roots deep in the soil of countries all over the world. So what is folk music?
- 1920s Music: The Roaring Twenties Revisited
- 1920s music had a style all its own. Some of the music popular in the twenties was actually written prior to that time, and ...
- 20s Music: Classics That Were Popular Through the 40s and 50s
- 20s music produced some of our enduring favorites even to the present day. For instance, Moonlight and Roses....
- Oldies Music Lyrics: Bill Bailey, Ain't She Sweet?
- Oldies music lyrics have an innocent charm about them - proof positive that lyrics don't have to be edgy to be ever-popular. Check out a few of the top oldies lyrics here....
- Big Band Song Lyrics: Popular Songs from a Simpler Time
- Big Band song lyrics belong to songs in the 40s and 50s that grew tremendously popular during the war years.
- History of Broadway Musicals
- The history of Broadway musicals spans well over a century. Many of these "classics" have formed the centerpiece of Americana culture...
- Under My Skin: Big Band Song Lyrics for the Hopeless Romantic
- Under My Skin is a famous jumpy tune popularized during the Big Band Era. Here are the lyrics....
- Broadway Music and Movies: More old classics from the heart of Americana music!
- Broadway music and movies continue to entertain and inspire thousands. Take a peek at more Americana classics right here...
- Best Broadway Musicals: Top Seven Picks
- The best Broadway musicals have several factors in common - all produced multiple hit songs, featured top composers, and.....
- Frank Sinatra Songs: Signature Sentiments from One of the Musical Greats
- Frank Sinatra songs are as memorable as the man himself. He had a way of lending his unique personality to them........
- Roosevelts New Deal: The Signs and Times of the W.P.A.
- Roosevelts New Deal was a federal bailout program for desperate U.S. citizens during the depression. The W.P.A. however, had its critics. What exactly did these workers do? Read more about...
- Works Progress Administration: W.P.A. Humor Spreads Like Wildfire
- The Works Progress Administration, or the W.P.A. had numerous nicknames. FDR and the New Deal - was it such a good deal? Read some humorous stories that spread during that time about the W.P.A.
- The Isms: Simply Explained!
- The isms, or political systems and beliefs of government, can seem complicated. Here's a simple way to remember them!
- Burma Shave Slogans: Roadside Americana Memories
- Burma Shave slogans were entertaining to read as well as an effective innovative way to sell a product. Read some of these slogans here....
- Burma Shave Signs: Americana History and Hilarity
- Burma Shave signs dotted the highway landscape of Americana for decades. What was so special about these laughable lines?
- Grandmas Lye Soap: Good for Everything in the Home?
- Grandmas Lye Soap is a song, as well as an authentic concoction that is still made to this day. Do you remember.....
- Father Daughter Songs: Unforgettable!
- One of the most classic father daughter songs is this unforgettable performance by Natalie King Cole and her father.....
- The Three Trees: A Parable of Potential
- Heard this story of the three trees? Don't underestimate what God can do...
- Happy Thanksgiving: Songs, Videos and Memories
- Have a happy Thanksgiving while counting your blessings! Watch these inspiring videos and treasure your memories.....
- Internet Christmas Music
- Internet Christmas music brings the sounds of the seasons directly into your home with just the push of a button (or move of a mouse).
- Free Christmas Music Online - links to listen right here!
- Enjoy this free Christmas music online - Piano music with Big Band,ragtime and traditional music tunes to set your holiday mood.
- True Meaning of Christmas: Captured By His Glory
- The true meaning of Christmas happens when the Christ child turned King touches our own lives in a very personal way. Have you ........
- Irish Folk Songs: Saint Patrick's Day Best Loved Tunes
- There are many Irish folk songs that are still very popular in America as well as other countries. Celebrate Saint Patricks Day with these classic Irish tunes...
- Saint Patricks Day History
- How much Saint Patricks Day history are you familiar with? Many of us know very little about the origin of this holiday. Read more here....
- Tax Humor: A Little Relief from the Taxing Day Soon to Come: April 15
- We could all use a little tax humor - a respite from the taxing "holiday" right around the corner. The only thing certain in life is.....
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.